DIVERSITY MATTERS: Gender and inclusion in peace and war
The benefits of diversity should be unquestioned, but how do we move from awareness to change?
Sted: Nobel Peace Center
Gender equality and inclusion must be a social norm if the world shall succeed in building peaceful, sustainable societies. The benefits of diversity should be unquestioned, but how do we move from awareness to change? How can civil society, private sector and policy makers work together to reach the goals of gender equality and diversity? What can we learn from each other? In the spirit of the Nobel Peace Prize, Oslo Pax 2020 gathers businesses and civil society, changemakers and Nobel laureates to discuss and produce best practice for inclusion and diversity.
Noman Mubashir, Journalist (NRK) and author
- Kjersti Fløgstad, CEO, Nobel Peace Center
- Ine Eriksen Søreide, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Norway
- Alaa Salah, student and activist
Why is diversity and gender equality good for business and for peace?
- Beatrice Fihn, Executive Director of International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN), Nobel Peace Prize 2017
- Kristin Lund, Major General and Practitioner in Residence, Peace Research Institute Oslo (PRIO)
- Sheree Atcheson, Global Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Peakon
- Thierry Delaporte, CEO, Wipro Limited
- Fawzia Koofi, Afghan politician, women’s right activist and member of the Afghanistan-Taliban peace negotiation team, Afghanistan
How can private sector and civil society work together to make diversity & inclusion the social norm?
- Torin Perez, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion consultant
- Åsa Regnér, Deputy Executive Director, UN Women
- Michelle P King, Gender Equality Expert
- James Ensor, Executive Officer and President, BHP Foundation
- Heidi Robertson, Group Head of Diversity & Inclusion and Employer Brand, ABB
- Ilwad Elman, COO, Elman Peace And Human Rights Centre
Activism: From backlash to a brighter future
- Jody Williams, Nobel Peace Prize 1997
- Alicia Garza, Principal at the Black Futures Lab
- Hajer Sharief, Co-Founder and Project Manager, Together We Build It - مـعـا نـبنيـهـا
- Kjersti Lund, European Managing Director, Designit
DIVERSITY MATTERS is an international, digital event, live-streamed from the Nobel Peace Center in Oslo.
Want to know more about Oslo Pax 2020 Click here for more!
Oslo Pax 2020 - DIVERSITY MATTERS: Gender and inclusion in peace and war is cohosted by Designit. Main partners are Hydro and Atea. A special thanks to our gold partner ABB.