One year of full-scale war against Ukraine: is justice possible?
Nobel Peace Talks: Meet Oleksandra Romantsova, Executive Director of Center for Civil Liberties, Nobel Peace Prize laureate 2022, in conversation with political leaders and experts.
Place: Domus Bibliotheca, University of Oslo, Karl Johans gt. 47, 0162 Oslo
One year after the full-scale Russian invasion of Ukraine, the Nobel Peace Prize winning organisation Center for Civil Liberties has documented more than 30,000 war crimes in the country. Their aim is a “Tribunal for Putin” that will hold the perpetrators accountable.
Earlier this month, The European Commission decided to establish an international center in The Hauge, to enable the prosecution of war crimes committed by Russia during the war against Ukraine.
How can documentation gathered by CCL and others help this process?While fighting against Russian aggression, Ukraine defends not only its independence, but European security. What can the international community do to hold Russia accountable?
In an event co-hosted by the Embassy of Ukraine in Norway and Nobel Peace Center, Oleksandra Romantsova from CCL will talk about their work with documenting war crimes and take part in a conversation with political leaders and experts. (names TBD)
- Astrid Bergmål, State Secretary, Ministry of Justice and Security
- Oleksandra Romantsova, Executive Director of Center for Civil Liberties, Nobel Peace Prize laureate 2022
- Dr. Anton Korynevych, Ambassador-at-large at the Ministry of foreign affairs, Ukraine (joining through video)
- Tomasz Lachowski, PhD, University of Lodz (joining through video)
- Sofie Høgestøl, Associate Professor, University of Oslo
- Christian Tybring-Gjedde, MP, Member of the Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs and Defence (FrP)
Moderator: Nataliya Yeremeyeva
The event is part of the series Nobel Peace Talks, highlighting topics related to the Nobel Peace Prize to Ales Bialiatski, Memorial and Center for Civil Liberties. Nobel Peace Talks is supported by Fritt Ord, Hydro and Reitan Retail.