Celebrating the 2017 Nobel Peace Prize
07 October 2017 10.00–18.00
Friday 6 October the Norwegian Nobel Committee decided to award the Nobel Peace Prize for 2017 to the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN). The day after, we invite you to join us in celebrating the new laureate.
The organization is receiving the award for its work to draw attention to the catastrophic humanitarian consequences of any use of nuclear weapons and for its ground-breaking efforts to achieve a treaty-based prohibition of such weapons.
- The 2017 Nobel Peace Prize laureate is introduced in our permanent exhibitions The Nobel Field and The Wall Paper
- Guided tours every hour in English and Norwegian:
In English: 11.00, 12.00, 14.00, 15.00, 16.00 and 17.00.
In Norwegian: 11.30, 12.30, 13.30, 15.30, 16.30 and 17.30.
- 12.20: Junior Experts from the Children’s Peace Club share information about the new laureate with visitors
- 12.45: Junior Experts welcome the Secretary of the Norwegian Nobel Committee, Olav Njølstad
- 13.00: Unveiling of the 2017 Nobel Peace Prize Diploma, and a lecture about the new Peace Prize laureate by Olav Njølstad, Secretary of the Norwegian Nobel Committee. In English.
- 14.00: Lecture about the new Peace Prize laureate by Olav Njølstad, Secretary of the Norwegian Nobel Committee. In Norwegian.
- 15.00: Debate about the 2017 Nobel Peace Prize laureate with Asle Sveen and Geir Helljesen, in addition to other relevant participants (tbd)
- Free entry.
Missed it? Watch the lecture here, courtesy of Telenor Group.